Massage Therapy can be particularly beneficial for people who:
- Need to relax, unwind and allow their body's Rest & Repair' state to activate
- Experience muscle tension & stiffness which causes them discomfort or pain
- Want to reduce injury healing-time
- Suffer from insomnia and need to improve their sleep patterns
- Have anxiety or depression and need to reduce emotional tension & fatigue levels
- Are coping with busy, stressful professional lives or difficult life events
- Feel the usual aches & worries of pregnancy and want to relax physically and mentally ahead of their impending due date (see Pregnancy Massage)
- Need to re-energize themselves whilst dealing with the constant pressures of looking after a new baby, a family or other people in their care (see Maternal Massage)
- Want to boost their immune system to help ward off colds and minor illnesses
- Are keen to improve the appearance of scars on their body
- Feel their natural body-mechanics may have been affected by surgery or injury
- Need help to improve particular health conditions eg plantar fasciitis, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, repetitive strain injury.
- Are dealing with a cancer diagnosis; (see 'Oncology Massage').
Gift vouchers are available for a single treatment or for a series of appointments and are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Choose between a paper certificate through the post or an e-certificate by email.
Please email or use the contact form to let me know you wish to purchase a Gift Voucher, you'll then be sent details for a bank transfer and asked to confirm the recipient's name, plus a method, name & address for delivery - on receipt of that information and your payment, a Voucher will be sent by email or 1st class post.
Prices (for treatments at the practice):
Offsite treatment fees:
Please arrange offsite treatments by phone or email only, as the online booking system cannot factor in travel time (which affects availability), nor can it provide you with an accurate quote for offsite treatment.
Offsite fees are dependent on your location and appointment timing. Broadly speaking, this is calculated as: 30 minutes required for equipment set-up/take down at both the practice and your location + time to travel by car from the practice to your address + return travel time (both as estimated by Google maps for the time of arrival/departure). This is then added to your treatment time and charged at the same rate.
I use Swedish massage as a base treatment and incorporate deeper tissue work, clinical remedial massage, pregnancy massage, sport massage, scar-tissue reduction work and other modalities as individually appropriate in providing you with a Holistic Treatment.
What this translates to is a flowing massage which focuses on key areas which require more attention, as appropriate.
Before your first visit, we will conduct a full health and well-being assessment so that I can understand what you are hoping to achieve through your treatment, it allows me to take in to consideration any health issues that may affect your treatment and to answer any questions that you might have. This initial assessment process takes approx 10-15 minutes by phone and is free of charge.
At any subsequent appointments, we will review any health changes since your last appointment when you arrive, before proceeding with treatment.
Holistic massage therapy takes in to consideration everything affecting a person: their body type, any health conditions or injuries, their lifestyle and their emotional state.
Finding the right holistic therapist for you is important. You need to feel confident that their experience and range of skills can help you achieve the aims you bring with you to the therapy room. No two people are the same (let's face it, no one person is exactly the same on different days!), so really, no two massages should ever be identical. I compare getting a massage from a set-menu in a shop, to eating from a set-menu at a restaurant... it's often very nice, but aimed at minimising preparatory effort and maximising turn-over, rather than catering to the needs of the individual. Holistic massage therapy by comparison, can be likened to a personal chef understanding your nutritional requirements, then preparing dishes exactly to your personal tastes and particular mood.
People initially tend to book massage for a very specific reason eg shoulder tension, injury recovery or because they are seeking general relaxation. On experiencing the wider benefits of the holistic approach, they appreciate that ongoing therapy adapted to their individual lifestyle can have a profound effect on how they (and not just their body) experience and respond to life's constant demands and challenges.