Massage Therapy can be particularly beneficial for people who:
- Need to relax, unwind and allow their body's Rest & Repair' state to activate
- Experience muscle tension & stiffness which causes them discomfort or pain
- Want to reduce injury healing-time
- Suffer from insomnia and need to improve their sleep patterns
- Have anxiety or depression and need to reduce emotional tension & fatigue levels
- Are coping with busy, stressful professional lives or difficult life events
- Feel the usual aches & worries of pregnancy and want to relax physically and mentally ahead of their impending due date
- Need to re-energize themselves whilst dealing with the constant pressures of looking after a new baby, a family or other people in their care
- Want to boost their immune system to help ward off colds and minor illnesses
- Are keen to improve the appearance of scars on their body
- Feel their natural body-mechanics may have been affected by surgery or injury
- Need help to improve particular health conditions eg plantar fasciitis, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, repetitive strain injury.
- Are dealing with a cancer diagnosis; please see the 'Oncology Massage' page.
Most people book 60 min massages, but different length sessions are available to suit a range of needs:
Price: 30 mins on the couch £40
With 30 mins it's possible to focus on a single area eg neck or back pain
Price: 60 mins on the couch £55
With 60 mins most major areas (eg back & neck, legs, arms) are incorporated
Price: 75 mins on the couch £70
Best for Full Body Massage (as above + head & scalp, feet, hands, stomach, all optional)
Price: 90 mins on the couch £80
Great for a Full Body Massage (as above) plus focused work on a troublesome area Price: 120 mins on the couch £100
Super-deluxe Full Body Massage treatment, ideal for a special occasion
Gift vouchers are available for a single massage treatment or for a course of massage therapy. Please get in touch for details.
I use Swedish massage as a base treatment and incorporate deep tissue work, clinical remedial massage, pregnancy massage, sport massage, scar-tissue reduction work and other modalities as individually appropriate in providing you with a Holistic Treatment.
What this translates to is a flowing massage which focuses on key areas as appropriate.
Before commencing any treatment, at (or during the pandemic, before) your first appointment we will conduct a full health and well-being assessment in order to understand whether you have any conditions or issues which might be affected by massage. It is an opportunity for me to answer any questions you might have and to understand what you are hoping to achieve through your treatment.
If you are using massage to improve a health condition or aid injury recovery, I will propose what I believe to be the best combination of techniques for the current and subsequent sessions. This initial assessment process takes approx 20-30 minutes and is free of charge. At subsequent appointments, we naturally review any health changes and your progress before proceeding.
Holistic massage therapy takes in to consideration everything affecting a person: their body type, any health conditions or injuries, their lifestyle and their emotional state.
Finding the right holistic therapist for you is important. You need to feel confident that their experience and range of skills can help you achieve the aims you bring with you to the therapy room. No two people are the same (let's face it, no one person is exactly the same on different days!), so really, no two massages should ever be identical. I compare getting a massage from a set-menu in a shop, to eating from a set-menu at a restaurant... it's often very nice, but aimed at minimising preparatory effort and maximising turn-over, rather than catering to the needs of the individual. Holistic massage therapy by comparison, can be likened to a personal chef understanding your nutritional requirements, then preparing dishes exactly to your personal tastes and particular mood.
People initially tend to book massage for a very specific reason eg shoulder tension, injury recovery or because they are seeking general relaxation. On experiencing the wider benefits of the holistic approach, they appreciate that ongoing therapy adapted to their individual lifestyle can have a profound effect on how they (and not just their body) experience and respond to life's constant demands and challenges.