Massage can be particularly beneficial for people who:
- Need to relax, unwind and allow their body's Rest & Repair' state to activate
- Experience muscle tension & stiffness which causes them discomfort or pain
- Want to reduce injury healing-time
- Suffer from insomnia and need to improve their sleep patterns
- Have anxiety or depression and need to reduce emotional tension & fatigue levels
- Are coping with busy, stressful professional lives or difficult life events
- Feel the usual aches & worries of pregnancy and want to relax physically and mentally ahead of their impending due date (see Pregnancy Massage)
- Need to re-energize themselves whilst dealing with the constant pressures of looking after a new baby, a family or other people in their care (see Maternal Massage)
- Want to boost their immune system to help ward off colds and minor illnesses
- Are keen to improve the appearance of scars on their body
- Feel their natural body-mechanics may have been affected by surgery or injury
- Need help to improve particular health conditions eg plantar fasciitis, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, repetitive strain injury.
- Are dealing with a cancer diagnosis; (see 'Oncology Massage').
Prices (for massage therapy treatments at the practice):
I use Swedish massage (which is medium or light pressure) as a base treatment and incorporate working more deeply with progressive application (as individually appropriate) in providing you with a Holistic Treatment. Clinical remedial massage, pregnancy massage, sport massage, scar-tissue reduction work and other modalities as required by your health situation.
What this translates to is a flowing massage which focuses on key areas which require more attention, as appropriate.
Please note that I do not offer deep tissue or very deep pressure massage as a full treatment.
Before your first visit, you will be asked to complete a health consultation form so that understand if there are any issues that may affect your treatment. There may be follow-up questions from that which will either be emailed to you or discussed further when you arrive. If you have a complex health history or would simply prefer to have a conversation rather than fill out a form, a telephone call can be arranged prior to your first visit and takes approx 10-15 minutes (and is free of charge).
At any subsequent appointments, we will review any health changes since your last appointment when you arrive, before proceeding with treatment.